Monday, October 22, 2012

Made It To Nepal, Pokhara

Well we made it to Nepal!!
It took us about 40 hours of travel to get from my house to our hotel.
So far everything has gone well.  Just had dinner and I am really tired so, I am not sure how well my writing will be.  Our plan is to spend the night here in Pokhara, then drive to a town named Hile, which will be the start of our Annapurna Sanctuary trek. 
There is a large festival going on in Nepal - Dashai.  Goats, goats everywhere.  They all eat goat meat during this time and they all slaughter the goats at home.  I never saw so many goats.  Sort of like our thanksgiving with turkey but, I already buy my turkey packaged.
Well we are safe and ready for what tomorrow brings. 
Peace and Love, Tom & Donna

Donna and Govinda

Stopped for some banana's on the way to Pokhara

Donna with her first plate of Dal Bhat

View from our hotel window

Lake at Pokhara

No comments:

Post a Comment