Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Final Preparations for Nepal - The Annapurna Sanctuary

Many have asked, “are you ready for your trip?” For the last couple of weeks Tom and I have been going over and over on what we plan on taking. We have our plane tickets, passports, and visas. Tom has been in touch with our guide, Govinda, who already has our transportation arranged from Kathmandu to Pokhara , as well as, a porter to help carry our packs on the trek. Having a local guide and porter will insure that we get the most out of our trekking experience, from the culture, food, landmarks to the breath taking views.

I don’t have my suitcase packed yet, but have everything almost ready. I must pack fairly light, which is a challenge because the temperature will vary from warm in the towns to cold in the higher elevations. Layering is something to keep in mind, base, mid layers, outer shell to a down jacket is needed. Can‘t forget my Tilley hat, Merrell footwear, polarized sunglasses, and trekking poles. And, oh yah, toilet paper!

Map, Tilley Hat, Sunglasses, Passport & Trekking Poles

As far as my emotions, well that‘s another story. I go from excited, to nervous, to wanting to cry, to changing my mind, to looking forward to going. But, I AM GOING, so we will have to see how it goes. Hopefully we can keep the blog updated and I can report on how I feel.

Our plane departs Philadelphia on Saturday, October 20 at 6:10 PM, first stop Brussels. From Brussels we fly to New Delhi where we have a long layover - 9 hours. Already booked a hotel in the New Delhi airport so we’ll get to lie down and get a bit of sleep. Next morning it’s off to Kathmandu with an expected arrival time of 8:30AM , total travel time is 28hr and 30min. I think I’ll have time to get caught up on some reading, or simply watch a movie. That’s it for now. I’ll update when I can. Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment